Monday 21 December 2015

A WINDSHIELD STORY: REPAIR YOUR CRACKS!

So, this blog is pretty interesting really…it not only has to do with my windshield, but my bad procrastination issues and bizarre money saving habits too. I’ve learned a lot from the Mississauga auto glass experts after this horrid experience. Continuing on, I was peacefully cruising down Britannia road when I heard a faint noise emit from my windshield. As most drivers know, that simply means something hit your auto glass. I said to myself, “no big deal!” I was undoubtedly sure that such a faint sound couldn’t possibly damage my windshield in any way. After all, they are constructed using laminated glass, which is ultimately one of the safest glass types in the world. Anyways, it turns out I was wrong. The faint noise that I heard surely didn’t display a faint impact. Upon exiting the car, I saw a crack. Now, I haven’t studied the many windshield type cracks (although I was advised to by Mississauga auto glass experts), but I knew it sort of resembled the star break crack. The shape was very unique and actually quite astonishing.
Surprised by the impact caused by the flying debris, I called up one of the guys at Auto Glass Changers. Of course, he urged me to come to his store immediately. In fact, he was acting like it was such a big deal and I just didn’t get it…until now. As he was desperately informing me of the many situations that could occur, I was chuckling under my breath. I thought there was absolutely no way a small crack chip could have been so harmful. That same day, I drove past the North York auto glass store as I was on my way home. As I glanced in their direction, everything that was previously said to me on the phone in regards to the dangers of driving around with a cracked windshield was flowing through my mind. Besides the fact that I didn’t want to spend money, I didn’t stop because I was quite tired and I figured I would be okay for at least a month or two. A few residents noticed my damaged windshield and they too said I could definitely go longer with it. It turns out we were all wrong! As I was driving down the streets of North York, I noticed a small chip quickly transform into a vicious, large, distracting crack.
Completely discombobulated, I once again called the North York auto glass team members. Before I even began to speak, they said, “let me guess, your crack grew!” Of course, with shame, I answered their question. Now, I’m not saying it’s impossible for you to drive around for a few months with a small chip, but, there is definitely a high chance that it will grow. In my attempt to save a few bucks, I ended up paying triple as I had to get a full windshield replacement. A huge factor that resulted in this outcome was the amount of dirt that was entering into my small chip each day. As I am a construction worker, wherever my car is parked, it is exposed to dirt. On top of that, I reside in a newly constructed area in Brampton. My car is being exposed to dirt 24/7. The interesting thing is, the crew members at Auto Glass Changers warned me about dirt and my windshield. I wish I had listened to them. Lesson learned!


No comments:

Post a Comment