Wednesday 23 December 2015

WARNING: CHEAP WIPER BLADES

I’ll tell you what’s worst than flying debris…cheap wiper blades! This is merely a personal opinion but I’m sure many Whitby auto glass professionals would agree as they have mentioned the importance of high quality wiper blades to me after my horrid incident. I actually came into contact with Auto Glass changers because I needed the scratches that were caused by my $5 wipers to be repaired. Yes, they were indeed $5. As I was driving along the busy streets of Toronto, I was waved down by a younger boy and his father.

They were advertising $5 wipers will installation included! The little boy was just so cute… I had to stop and at least gain a little bit more information. When I stopped, they both greeted me with huge smiles and the father proceeded to examine my wiper blades. (I’ve since learned that only a trained Whibty auto glass expert should do this). He then said that I needed to repair my wiper blades immediately. I was a bit confused as I had purchased those about 5 months ago and it is advised that you change them at least every winter. Always, I asked him why I would need to do such a thing and he began to lift my wipers up and hit them again my windshield. He then said they were making a clicking sound which means they’re dying. As I still wasn’t too convinced, he began to show me another “sign” of wear of tear. Upon entering my car, he sprayed my washer fluid and told me that my wipers were not wiping the fluid into the windshield glass properly. At this point, I knew everything he was saying was false. I knew my windshield wipers were completely fine. I’m no Scarborough auto glass professional, but I do posses some common knowledge about wipers. I still decided to purchase their wipers though. I felt as though he was persistent and probably desperate. I’m a believer in supporting businesses of all types, and so, I supported them.

The father did a pretty good job installing my new wiper blades. As I was talking to his son, I learned that I was their first customer…ever! This made me feel a little weird, but I proceeded to allow the father to continue anyways. Prior to us leaving, we tested out the wipers and they were working just fine. It wasn’t until a few days later I was greeted with horrific scratches! This was caused by the excessive use of my wipers on a day that was very rainy. As the rain poured, I had my wipers on the highest speed level. Due to the fact that they were cheap, some rubber disconnected from the surface and the plastic ended up ruining my auto glass.
I was forced to immediately enter a Scarborough auto glass shop. They were able to fix my windshield without me requiring the full repair (thankfully). As we should all aim to support people worldwide, it is wise to refrain from buying cheap auto glass items. All in all, the cost to replace or repair your windshield can be avoided. On top of that, it is for your safety that you continue to operate a vehicle with a clean windshield. I never saw the father and son again, but once I do see them, I’ll kindly recommend a different brand of wipers. I’m sure they meant no harm!


No comments:

Post a Comment