Friday 25 December 2015

I SHOULD HAVE REPAIRED MY CHIP

As I was safely cruising down the residential streets in my neighborhood, there were a couple of children playing outside. I maintained the legal speed limit of 40 km/h to avoid any injuries. It seems that the only thing that was not protected was my windshield. A rock came flying from a little boy’s hand and into my windshield. As the parents saw this happen, one ran towards the child and the other ran towards my car.
We all saw the chip that was caused by this rock. Puzzled and in shock, the father looked at me and said, “I’m terribly sorry. We will reimburse you for the cost of damages!” I replied by telling him that everything will be okay and I will return will the bill. Many stone chip repair professionals urge you to repair any damage that is caused to your windshield immediately…and I will explain how and why this is true. Continuing on, I drove away from the residence and into my home. It would have been wise of me to immediately drive into an Auto Glass Changers shop, however, I figured it was not that important due to the fact that the crack was not obstructing my view and it was just so miniscule. Of course, once you prolong something for a day, that multiplies into weeks, and then into months. Yes! Silly me – I went three long months without repairing my windshield. On a Monday morning, upon opening my car door, I noticed a crack that was about 6 inches long. I now know that a crack of that size normally results in the requirement of a full windshield replacement. Due to the fact that I waited months to repair such a small crack, the repair shop had to charge me triple what I would have originally paid.
The experts at Auto Glass Changers are known to be very honest and I have experienced their immense amount of knowledge in regards to auto glass. In saying that, I know for a fact that their requirement to change my windshield was accurate and the best option available. After this repair, there was no way I should go back to the “scene of the crime” and show them the bill. And so, I was left with a bill and regrets. On the plus side, I am able to urge and encourage you to repair your chips as soon as possible. Things such as dirt, dust, temperature changes and flying debris can result in the transformation of a small chip to a large crack. Not only that, but I’ve learned that a faulty windshield can result in a traffic ticket and it also fails to keep you and your passengers safe. Many people are unaware that their windshields prevent the roof from collapsing during a rollover accident. A faulty windshield cannot effectively do that job. I am extremely lucky that I was not involved in any accidents – as I would have had to repair much more than a windshield! In a nutshell, you need to repair your small chips asap. It is so much more worth it and you avoid possible injury. Assist your windshield with the process of keeping you and your passengers safe by calling the stone chip repair shop employed by the Auto Glass Changers experts as soon as you see a crack or chip!


No comments:

Post a Comment