Friday 18 December 2015

MY DIY KIT STORY

As I was innocently cruising along the Richmond Hill Auto Glass streets, an enormous truck vigorously flew past my vehicle. With it, came a rock that in size was comparable to a miniscule pebble. In my attempt to stop the driver, a petite female was crossing the street. While maintaining my cool, I proceeded to stop my vehicle. Unfortunately, the voracious driver escaped the wrath of an indisputably agitated driver.

Prior to proceeding to phone the stupendous staff members at Auto Glass Changers, I was determined to figure out how a rock so small, could make such a gargantuan mark on my windshield. Now, I’m aware that regardless of the situation, most people would not blame the truck driver, so, my courageous attempt to stop him probably was not a rational decision. However, when emotions over rule your entire thought process, you will unquestionably act without thinking. Continuing on, as I began to ponder exactly why this paltry item caused such extensive damage, I remembered one very imperative fact. A few months ago, I utilized my so-called “manly” skills and repaired a tiny crack in my auto glass without anything but a list of perplexing instructions. In my attempt to act as an auto glass guru, it is evident I failed miserably. Purchasing a bargain counter $10 DIY kit in exchange for spending around $40 at Auto Glass Changers was by far the most incoherent decision I have ever made. My kit came equipped with instructions, a tool for the purpose of conscientiously removing the damaged glass, a piece of curing film and resin. Unfortunately, I was unaware of the crucial fact that there are a vast variety of effective techniques and steps used in the auto glass repair process. In my endeavor to repair my chip, I actually assumed I was doing a stupendous job.

However, it conclusive that appearance means absolutely nothing when it comes to your windshield. Due to the fact that I thought I did an outstanding job, I swiftly put my vehicle back on the road. By now, you are probably wondering what I did wrong. Well, let’s talk about some imperative facts that I refused to take into account in which were provided by North York Auto Glass certified technicians after I made my mistake. For one, I bout a DIY kit with an insufficient amount of vital information. Secondly, I refrained from applying an ideal amount of pressure to my windshield during the resin installation process. I presume I was too gentle, as I was trying my best to prevent further damage. Only certain technicians with an extensive amount of skills and industry knowledge are aware of the amount of pressure in which they should apply during the windshield repair process. Thirdly, due to the lack of experience that I possess, I was incapable of determining the type of crack that was caused by the miniscule item viciously thrown at my car by a truck. Without proper knowledge of the many rock types, it an insurmountable task to repair the crack. Expert technicians use specific techniques for a specific type of crack. It is, without a doubt, clear that I utilized the wrong technique. Fourthly, it was too cold in my garage. Unless you are surrounded by air at a certain temperature, you are unable to effectively repair windshield damage.

Due to my inability to contact an Auto Glass Changers expert, I was left with yet another broken windshield. Moral of the story…do not use DIY kits and you need to be trained in order to effectively repair your auto glass!



No comments:

Post a Comment